Wednesday 28 May 2014

London

I am sitting in my hotel at Heathrow. Tomorrow I start the tour " A Women's Journey to Avalon".
I have spent the last two days walking around the British Museum. It really is big. 
Today I went back to visit the jade. I realized yesterday I had missed it. 4 years ago I visited it,as well. 
This section touches my heart, for me it is the most peaceful section of the museum. Beauty and grace in stone. Jade is a most interesting stone to carve, when it heats up the stone almost carves itself. When I carve it I use a diamond wheel. The artisans who carved these pieces used hand tools, love and holding the shape as a picture in their mind. My favourite piece is from China, the Neolithic period, the Hongshan culture, around 3500 BC.  I will include the picture.

The last two days I have been struck with how challenging it is just to be with me. Those quiet moments when there is no internet, no one to talk to, no museum to wander around, just me. 
I am getting used to my travelling companion - me.  All the preparation I made is really helping. The book I created helps me remember why I am doing this and what is important to me. 
My spiritual practice is also a wonderful friend. Bringing me back to my heart and deep connection.
I will make this blog a short one as my brain is still getting used to a different time. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment