Saturday 30 July 2016

The Mystery of Love

I have not really given you much detail about the book I am writing.
I think I will keep details in my heart for a little while longer.
I will tell you the book is about love and life mission.

I just finished doing a “Song of Divine Creation” Way of the Heart™Integration and the music I was taken to within the integration were all love songs.
Sweet melodies that moved my heart and made me want to rest deeply in the softness of their notes. My action from the integration was to write about love.

Synchronicity again.

Love also came up for me this weekend as I experienced with great joy a workshop of Love, Light and ancient wisdom. Feng Shui I  – Reading the Book of Life.
As I moved through the weekend My book and the characters in my book were with me. I watch my teachers do what they loved and realized that Love was a great motivator, and life changer, the one thing we are all willing to make the greatest changes for.

As you know I have been in dialogue with the antagonist in my book. I have begun to have great respect for this character as it is his love of his world that motivates him. His love may for a period of time make him blind to the needs of others – hence the antagonist.

I wondered as I sat in class exploring aspects of myself if it could be his mysteriously falling in love with another that would save him. Help him understand the needs of others.
Love opens us to undiscovered realms within ourselves.

Love is the bridge between you and everything.
Rumi


The other characters in the book are living there loves doing their life mission, their purpose for being there. One character creates beauty in the clouds,  the other loves the earth and her ability to communicate with stones and rocks allows the world they live on to be in harmony with all the elements. It’s easy to love what we love and what is beautiful.
How do I help these characters understand we do not always have to love what another loves and yet, can there be room for interest, openness and willingness to understand the other?

A writer sits on a cloud of words & ideas.
Grounded in the love of the story.
This is the moment one must write.

As I weave the stories of these two worlds I constantly think about Severus Snapes in Harry Potter. A fascinating unlikable character who constantly seems to be on the wrong side, in the way and downright mean.  Also a complex character who is protected and valued by Dumbledore, the protector of the whole school and friend to our heros. Severus Snapes great motivator, his reason for being and doing was Love, a deep love of a woman that led to his life mission as a protector of Harry. A secret he shared with only one other person, Dumbledore.

I am keep asking myself what do my characters love? 
What are they willing to do for love? 
Do they have secrets they hold deeply in their hearts?
What if it is all about love?
Love that strengthens us.
Love that weakens us, is that still love?

Characters in a book are made richer by what we can relate to, the aspects that make them a mystery, things we like about them and things we just don’t get. So is the one thing we all have in common Love? I love these questions. Did I just use love in another sentence?

When I started writing my book I did not realize how much time I would spend understanding and developing the characters. Is it good for a writer to fall in love with the characters  – oh well – too late – already happened.

Thanks for walking with me.

The Day Sky

Let us be like
Two falling stars in the day sky.
Let no one know of our sublime beauty
As we hold hands with God and burn
Into a sacred existence that defies-
That surpasses
Every description of ecstasy
And love.
Hafiz – Persian Poet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment